Monday, September 28, 2015

PD Reflection Blog (9/28/15)

   Me and my partner Ryan presented the app "Nearpod" to teachers in a professional development presentation. For me at least, this was very easy because I have always been a supporter of Nearpod so I felt like it would be pretty easy for me since I knew what I was taking about. 
   Going into this presentation, I was a bit concerned that the teachers were going to be insanely judgmental and critical. I felt like some of the teachers were just not going to care at all and would not participate which would make it a lot more difficult for me and the class.                
   Overall though, it went a lot better than I expected it to be. The teachers were nothing but cooperative and it helped create an easy and fun atmosphere. This was great because it made interaction easier, it got our points across, and it was a great example of what I think a good and healthy relationship between students and teachers should look like. The presentation really surprised me because all the teachers seemed like they were having fun learning how to make both their jobs and the jobs of students easier. I felt like I contributed in creating a very efficient and consistent atmosphere that made it easier to learn as well as having some fun in the process. If I were to improve anything it would probably have to be wording and how I got some things across. However, I thought me and everyone did phenomenal jobs. 
   Me and some of the teachers had great conversations on Nearpod. If they needed help, I was more than happy to help them out. Some still were unsure on how it would benefit the class but I felt like I talked to those teachers and made it even more clear. I had a lot of fun teaching them and I think most of them were happy to be there as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment