Friday, August 21, 2015

First DigCit Blog Post - 8/21/15

    There are many things I love and am passionate about. I am very passionate about music and how it connects people and generates so many emotions. I also am passionate about film and how it also can generate many emotions and how genuine and relatable they can get. As a matter of fact, I would like to make music or films as a profession sometime in the future. But if there is one thing I'm extremely passionate about, its people.
   People are great but I think we can all agree that some people connect and interest us more than others for lack of a nicer way to put it. Thats all natural in my opinion though, its inevitable in life and people could also argue that is helps us in some way and makes us better people in a strange way. What I have a problem is when people are being discriminated towards. 
   Life is a right in my opinion. We all have a limited period of time on this planet and it should be our duty to make it as positive as possible. We never know when we will leave and its debatable as to where we go but its a fact that we will one day leave for good. Before we leave, we should try and make our existence as happy and joyful as possible because that is the whole point of life in my opinion: to create beautiful and authentic things in a material world. 
  So why limit or deny people the right to work towards that goal? Because of race? Because of gender? Because of religion? The list goes on and on. I have a theory that just about everyone that is human is vulnerable to same things as the other. This theory makes it harder for me to understand why people would discriminate against another. We are all vulnerable to emotions and feelings just as strong and soft as the next person. So when one person harasses another person wether it be verbally, physically, or mentally by discriminating or anything other form, would the victim be expected to just miraculously move along, not say anything, and forget it due to their race, gender, religion or whatnot? I say no because we all are vulnerable to the same emotions and feelings as everyone else and that should definitely be considered at the least. 
   This problem, sadly, is extremely hard to solve. All we can do is encourage others to not promote discrimination and to also not take action in discrimination ourselves. Although it would be very hard to extinguish, I do believe and hope that maybe one day discrimination would be extinct. If this world can work together, anything is possible. We are the people who make up society which is taken for granted daily. That means, I am apart of society, you are apart of society, your teachers are apart of society, my teachers are apart of society, my family is apart of society, your parents are apart of society, and so on and so forth. Therefore, we must not talk about society as if its something that we are not apart, but rather embrace it in. I think when we embrace it, then we will see change. 

6 comments:

  1. Andres,

    Congratulations on your first blog post. I credit your acknowledgment of "being apart of society", which you appear to take ownership through embracing it.

    Mr. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change will occur when people whole-heartedly work together for a common cause!
    Ms. Elizabeth Padgett

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CraigSmith
    Thank you for reading my blog post. Also, thank you crediting me for being apart of society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MsPadgett
    I have that same mind-set! Thank you so much for reading and responding to my blog post(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first post, Andres! I love your world view. You have the ability to do great things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MrSchroth
    Thanks for the sweet response! I'll make sure to keep rackin' em!

    ReplyDelete